Regeneron STS Ethics Statement
In order to sign then submit your application, you must agree to all terms of the Regeneron STS Ethics Statement. This option will appear once all other required tasks are complete.
- I certify that all the information provided is correct and complete without omission to the best of my knowledge and I certify that the Research Report I am submitting is my own individual work, not that of a student team, nor does it represent the work of others.
- I understand that I am responsible for all aspects of my work’s authenticity: the research, the Application, and all other documentation in the application process, as well as the display board and oral presentation if I am selected as a finalist.
- I attest that all these submissions are exclusively my work in substance and in presentation. I further understand that scientific fraud, misconduct, misrepresentation of work or attribution thereof, or violation of the rules and/or eligibility requirements may result in disqualification and forfeiture of any monetary awards and that the Society reserves the right in such cases to bar future participation in Society programs.
- I have acknowledged all potential conflicts of interest, payment for research programs and parental/familial involvement related to my STS project.
Judging and Intellectual Property
- I understand and accept that the judging and evaluation process used by Regeneron STS/the Society is confidential and proprietary and that by submitting a Regeneron STS entry, I expressly agree to Regeneron STS/the Society’s right to maintain the confidentiality of such process.
- I agree to unconditionally accept the decision of the judges as final and binding in all matters related to the Regeneron STS program and understand that my application and Research Report will not be returned to me but shall become the sole property of Regeneron STS/the Society. I understand that Regeneron STS/the Society makes no warranties, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the Regeneron STS program.
- I expressly waive any rights to challenge, inspect, observe or otherwise obtain any information that constitutes the confidential and proprietary information of Regeneron STS/the Society judging and evaluation process. I also agree to permit Regeneron STS/the Society to use all information contained in my application in any way it deems appropriate for publicity purposes.
- I certify that I am at least 18 years of age, or that I am an emancipated minor, or that I possess legal parental or guardian consent to submit the Application and participate in the Regeneron STS, and that I am fully able and competent to submit the Application and to abide by and comply with the Regeneron STS Rules and Entry Instructions. In any case, I certify that I am over the age of 13.
- I certify that I have read and fully understood all rules and eligibility requirements found in the Regeneron STS Rules & Entry Instructions and that I have complied with all rules and meet the eligibility for submitting this Regeneron STS entry.
- I certify that the work I have submitted is my own and has not been conducted with another high school student, as team research is not eligible for Regeneron STS.
- I understand that if selected as a top 40 finalist I am obligated to complete all necessary forms and megaform tasks as assigned by the Society for Science throughout the spring to prepare for my participation in Finals Week.
You will be asked to attest that all content in your Regeneron STS application adheres to the Ethics Statement above, and agree to the terms of the application. You are then able to sign and submit your application.